Tuesday, August 31, 2010

potty training success & other stuff too!

I feel that even as I type this I should be knocking on wood, but I am going to type it anyway.  I think Ben is very successfully potty trained!  We have gone over a week with no accidents of any kind, and he generally takes himself to the potty and handles the whole procedure (expect wiping) without help!  He is doing so great!  Yay for my BIG boy! :-)  And yay for me and Jeff having a significantly reduced role in Ben's pooping life. :-) lol!  The next big test will come this Friday when we drive 8 hours to New Orleans.  I hope we don't have to stop every hour for him to potty.  On the other side, I really hope he has no accidents!!  We shall see....

********************

I am super excited about the Central Georgia and Savannah River PresWIC Retreat this November in Macon, GA.  Susan Hunt is going to be our speaker and we could not be more thrilled!

********************

The reason we are going to NOLA this weekend is to see our new nephew and Ben's cousin for the first time since he was born in July!  We are all super excited to meet him and to see Uncle Ted and Aunt Kim!  Jonah is being baptized on Sunday and it so great that we will be able to be there for that special time and that we will also be a part of promising to help Ted and Kim raise Jonah in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.  So sweet!  I cannot wait to get there!! :-)

********************

Pillars Of The Earth by Ken Follett is an excellent book and Starz just finished airing their 8 episode miniseries adaptation.  It was totally awesome and if you have the chance, you need to a) read the book and b) watch the Starz minseries.  Follett wrote a follow up to the book called World Without End and it is excellent as well.  I hear Starz might be making it into a miniseries too and I cannot wait!!

1 comment:

Jeff Newberry said...

Yay! No poop!

Well . . . save for the wiping.