Saturday, August 05, 2006

fun times

There is this awesome chick that I met at church -- Katy. Katy is working on her MA in English at UGA and she sings alto! I love to sing with her. Anyway, I thought she was cool, and over the last few months we have started talking more and stuff. We invited her over for dinner last night and to my extreme delight the evening turned into an old fashioned slumber party. It was awesome! We listened to music, read poetry out loud..how grown up of us, right?, and she and Jeff talked shop. We also went and got cookie dough and ice cream and one of those cans of whipped cream and we totally pigged out...this was after we had sushi and stir fry for dinner thanks to the awesomeness of my dear hubby, Jeff.

Anyway, I slept on the couch and Katy got the air mattress and we stayed up way too freakin' long...like 3:30. But it was just awesome. We woke up and all three of us went to 5 Star Day for brunch and it was just the perfect Saturday morning. It is so awesome to know that even though we are "adults" we can still have kid-style fun! :-)

2 comments:

Mel's World said...

now heather, who is the biggest kid you know? hint, ask your grandmother. i always tried to be a good example for my children. i hope i did a good job.

Sarah said...

I'm glad you're finding nice people in Athens! I was a little sad when you said a few months ago that everyone was closed off and unfriendly up there. I met a lot of really great people across all strata of the community, ranging students to waiters to musicians to health professionals. In fact, I'd credit the people in that town with teaching me how friendly humanity as a whole can be!

Tampa/St. Pete certainly don't fulfil that notion. UGH. Who knows why?

I miss being in a place where I could smile at a stranger on the street, say "Hi," and get a friendly greeting in return.