Wednesday, August 16, 2006

back in class

Today is the first day of the fall semester here at UGA and the place is a madhouse of activity. It took me an extra 10 minutes to get to work this morning because of the dramatic increase in traffic. Who would have thought 8 a.m. classes were so popular?

Jeff is excited the get back into the routine and I think he is really looking forward to his courses this term. It was fun to see him so excited about buying his books!

We have already had four people in the office this morning looking for their classes or the Bursar's office or Financial Aid...poor kids...can't event read a campus map. It is amazing that the smarter these kids are supposed to be, the more difficulty they have with the simplest tasks.

Oh well...

4 comments:

Mel's World said...

everyone should have 8:00 classes to teach them what the real world is like. the map thing falls apart due to the fact that you have to know what direction you are going. i am sure it will get better up there after drop and add.
it is still quite here as school does not start untill the 28th.
i miss ya!!!

Heather Newberry said...

I miss you too! I love both you big and bunches! :-)

Sarah said...

Yeah, I didn't get it, either. I walked around campus 2 days before classes started to find my buildings. Silly kids...

8am classes RULED. Done by the afternoon, with plenty of time to sprawl in the sun on North Campus!!

Sorry I didn't call last night. I got in bed at 7:30. I mentioned my idea to Dan, and he actually would rather spend time with you guys than the "boys" in ATL. I was very surprised!! The thing is, he wants to spend as much time at the Con as possible, while I would rather hang out in Athens with you. So, we really haven't reached a conclusion yet as to what we're doing. I will call you when we know!!

Have fun today!!

Anonymous said...

Hope this week is a bit smoother for the students as well as You!
Last night was so awesome attending the Pensacola Little Theatre Crystal Awards and seeing Chip win. He was so surprised!
Miss you two and Scout!
Luv, Mom