Saturday, October 09, 2010

illness

There is nothing that hurts a parent's heart more than a sick child for whom there is not much you can do.  Ben seems to have gotten a stomach bug from somewhere, so we have been contending with the, uh..., consequences of said virus all day.  He has not been actively sick all day, but the first time was all over me, the recliner in his room, his bed, and the floor and it had been an all day long process to try to get the chair back in decent condition. BTW: I would love some mom cleaning tips for future incidents!  Anyway, I will keep him home from church tomorrow with hopes that he will be back to normal quickly!

Besides the obvious yucky consequences of some illnesses my child can experience, it just makes me so sad to hear him cry and not know what's wrong or, like he can now, to actually identity what hurts and communicate that to me, and I not really be able to do anything about it.  With all that said, I am grateful that all I have had to experience as a parent has been colds, ear infections, stomach bugs, and a couple of seizures.  Things could easily be worse and I am thankful to God for Ben's general good health.

No comments: