Monday, October 30, 2006

happiness

Chip and Shannon are married and on their honeymoon as I type. The wedding was great and the reception was a fantastic party. I even got Jeff to dance...multiple times!! We had a blast. :-) It was awesome to be able to see the whole family and to meet Shannon's fam. They are all pretty cool! (As an aside I think I should mention that Jeff thought that Shannon's grandmother's name, which is actually Oma, was Old Ma. Hysterical!)

Anyway, I have entered the second trimester and all seems to be going well. I have not suddenly been blessed with an abundance of energy, but I do not feel quite as tired as I had been. I am pretty tired today, but I attribute that to the weekend of wedding festivities! I go get a flu shot this afternoon and then tonight I am auditioning for an alto/tenor duet in the Bach piece that we are performing in the Athens Master Chorale. Hopefully all will go well!

2 comments:

Jeff Newberry said...

Yay!

You are the best!

Congrats (of course) to Cheese Nips and Shannon.

I can shake my tree anytime I wish.

Don't you think that "Old Ma" makes more sense that "Oma?"

You are the master soprano!

Sarah said...

That audition sounds pretty cool. When's the performance?

Doggone it, I wish I could have been there for their wedding. I knew it would be a good time. I'm pleased you got Jeff to dance!

"Oma" is classic "old country" speak. It works.